Eddy Merckx – 2012 A Series
2012 Eddy Merckx AMX-3 105 Complete Bike @ $1650
The A-series alloy frames have a higher strength to weight index than steel, but that is no reason to use it in excess. Eddy Merckx’s triple butted tubing allows them to reduce aluminum in places where it was unnecessary, and smooth welding means there are literally no joints to be seen.
Eddy Merckx Cycles have years of experience in the development of aluminium frames. The many victories won using aluminium Eddy Merckx bicycles during equipment-intensive competitions – such as the Paris-Roubaix and the Tour of Flanders – are the best evidence of their success in doing so. Their collection has no fewer than 3 different alloys, and its profile is both racy, and ergonomically optimal.
- Stiffness To Weight: 90 Nm/°/kg
- Frame: EMS 7000 series triple butted
- Fork: Carbon fork – UDM, tapered 1 1/8” – 1 1/4”
- Groupset: Shimano 105 compact
- Stem: FSA OS-150
- Handlebar: FSA omega compact
- Seatpost: FSA SP-SL-270
- Saddle: Prologo kappa STN
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 7
- Tyres: Vittoria zaffiro pro
- Size: 49 / 51
- Colour: Black / White